2013-01-09

It's official: Bowie has lost his mind

No words for this album cover... when I first saw it I figured it HAD to be a joke, but it's there on his official website...

For some reason the music press is falling over themselves to praise the new song that is in fact, not very good.

I will wait for the full album to pass judgment but at this point I'm stuck between rage and apathy with a dose of bewilderment. Why on earth would he release this?

If you follow the link to his website there's an interview with the designer of the cover that is absolutely ridiculous. I guess no one says 'no' to Bowie any more.

I also find it quite telling in all of these articles I'm reading that none of the writers or commenters are pointing out what a stupid idea this is for a record cover, and that the song really isn't that good.

His voice may sound decent but he's been processed all to hell and frankly he sounds a bit ill. I really hope this isn't the way he ends his career, I'd hate for him to go down the Bob Dylan career path.

No comments: